Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Mothers: A Poem

Mothers: A Poem by J.M. Gatewood


Mothers scare the crap out of me.

There are like... 2 billion of them. 

82.5 million in the U.S.
 
And they can usually vote. 

The average number of kids a mother will have is 2.

On average there are about 4.3 babies born each second.

Most mothers are single mothers.

How do mothers make the bulk of their decisions?

Whatever's best for the child, right? 

Shit.  And there are billions of them.

Mothers are the single largest minority group in the world.

Which also makes them the largest niche.

You want to make money? 

Appeal to the mothers. 

You want to rule the world, you say? 

Appeal to the mother's vote. 

That's probably how we're going to allow mass human microchipping to happen. 

Do YOU know where your kids are???

Mothers scare the crap out of me.

The end.

3 comments:

  1. Leo, I think there is an incredible amount of truth to this. I also find it deeply encouraging to my future in massage therapy as my plan has been all along to work with mothers :-) Thanks for the thoughts. However, I will not be one of the moms supporting micro-chipping of children fyi.

    ReplyDelete
  2. SO GLAD to hear you say that, Taurus. Puts my mind at ease.

    ReplyDelete